Draig Werdd – the Welsh Society in Ireland is an organisation based in the Republic of Ireland whose mission is to raise awareness of Wales and Welsh affairs across Ireland, and to provide a social network for Welsh people living in Ireland.
The organisation consists of individuals from differing national and cultural backgrounds who share the same concerns regarding the promotion of Welsh interests in Ireland, in response to the new era that exists in Welsh political, economic and cultural life following the establishment of the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff.
The gentle hand of understanding
across the water –
the story of our mission;
two hands over two sands
sharing a common kinship.
Two hands clutching quietly,
and two hands
keeping two lands in safety,
the two holding the same truth
on the same horizon, come what may.
Mererid Hopwood, St. David’s, August 2002 (transl.)
Latest news from BBC Wales:
- Clydach murders: Forensic review agreed for evidence
- Wrecsam gam yn nes at berchnogion newydd o Hollywood
- Wrexham's Hollywood takeover moves a step closer
- The Hundred: Jonny Bairstow, Jason Roy and Lizelle Lee among a host of stars retained for 2021
- 'Marbella Man': Health board overpaid director, audit finds
- Covid in Wales: How many deaths have there been?
- Enwau Cân y Babis 2020
- Wyn Jones: Wales prop signs new deal at Scarlets
- Covid vaccine 'being delivered with increasing urgency' in Wales
- Harry Baker murder trial: Mayhem 'outside flat hours before teen died'