Draig Werdd – the Welsh Society in Ireland is an organisation based in the Republic of Ireland whose mission is to raise awareness of Wales and Welsh affairs across Ireland, and to provide a social network for Welsh people living in Ireland.
The organisation consists of individuals from differing national and cultural backgrounds who share the same concerns regarding the promotion of Welsh interests in Ireland, in response to the new era that exists in Welsh political, economic and cultural life following the establishment of the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff.
The gentle hand of understanding
across the water –
the story of our mission;
two hands over two sands
sharing a common kinship.
Two hands clutching quietly,
and two hands
keeping two lands in safety,
the two holding the same truth
on the same horizon, come what may.
Mererid Hopwood, St. David’s, August 2002 (transl.)
Latest news from BBC Wales:
- Coronavirus: What do the stats tell us in Wales?
- Coronavirus cases in Wales: How many people have died?
- A-Levels in Wales: Changes considered to grading system
- Wales in recession for first time in 11 years
- Yr economi mewn dirwasgiad am y tro cyntaf ers 2009
- Ystyried newid munud olaf i system graddau Safon Uwch
- Coronavirus: Wales' test times under the microscope
- Thunderstorms: Weather warning covers whole of Wales
- Kieffer Moore: Cardiff City closing in on Wigan and Wales striker
- Mark Williams yn colli i'r 'chwaraewr gorau erioed'