Draig Werdd – the Welsh Society in Ireland is an organisation based in the Republic of Ireland whose mission is to raise awareness of Wales and Welsh affairs across Ireland, and to provide a social network for Welsh people living in Ireland.
The organisation consists of individuals from differing national and cultural backgrounds who share the same concerns regarding the promotion of Welsh interests in Ireland, in response to the new era that exists in Welsh political, economic and cultural life following the establishment of the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff.
The gentle hand of understanding
across the water –
the story of our mission;
two hands over two sands
sharing a common kinship.
Two hands clutching quietly,
and two hands
keeping two lands in safety,
the two holding the same truth
on the same horizon, come what may.
Mererid Hopwood, St. David’s, August 2002 (transl.)
Latest news from BBC Wales:
- Covid: Deaths hit six month high in Wales, ONS figures show
- Steve Cooper: Nottingham Forest appoint ex-Swansea City boss after agreeing compensation
- Jonathan Davies: Wales centre replaces Ken Owens as Scarlets captain
- Nicola Faith fishing boat: Families to set up charity to improve sea safety
- Nicola Faith fishing boat sinking: 'Grieving has only just started' for families
- Arddangosfa o lythyrau caru mewn adfail ar ochr mynydd
- Covid: Pressure on ICU staff concerning, Hywel Dda consultant says
- Betsi Cadwaladr senior staff move after mental health patient's death
- Arweinwyr uned Hergest 'wedi'u symud' yn dilyn marwolaeth
- Welsh Cambrian Mountains lamb granted protected status