Draig Werdd – the Welsh Society in Ireland is an organisation based in the Republic of Ireland whose mission is to raise awareness of Wales and Welsh affairs across Ireland, and to provide a social network for Welsh people living in Ireland.
The organisation consists of individuals from differing national and cultural backgrounds who share the same concerns regarding the promotion of Welsh interests in Ireland, in response to the new era that exists in Welsh political, economic and cultural life following the establishment of the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff.
The gentle hand of understanding
across the water –
the story of our mission;
two hands over two sands
sharing a common kinship.
Two hands clutching quietly,
and two hands
keeping two lands in safety,
the two holding the same truth
on the same horizon, come what may.
Mererid Hopwood, St. David’s, August 2002 (transl.)
Latest news from BBC Wales:
- New builds in Wales 'at standstill' due to pollution targets
- Lockdown easing: Wedding receptions to be judged on venue size
- Dim llacio rheolau Covid am bedair wythnos arall
- Jamie Perkins: Two deny involvement in unsolved death
- Cardiff's Castle Street to reopen to cars in the autumn
- Cardiff Castle Street cars return move leads to protest
- Cyhoeddi rhestr fer Albwm Cymraeg y Flwyddyn 2021
- Claims ancient Swansea tree was chopped down for profit dubbed 'bizarre'
- Daniel James: Wales have nothing to fear against Italy, says Man Utd winger
- Covid in Wales: How many people have died?