Draig Werdd – the Welsh Society in Ireland is an organisation based in the Republic of Ireland whose mission is to raise awareness of Wales and Welsh affairs across Ireland, and to provide a social network for Welsh people living in Ireland.
The organisation consists of individuals from differing national and cultural backgrounds who share the same concerns regarding the promotion of Welsh interests in Ireland, in response to the new era that exists in Welsh political, economic and cultural life following the establishment of the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff.
The gentle hand of understanding
across the water –
the story of our mission;
two hands over two sands
sharing a common kinship.
Two hands clutching quietly,
and two hands
keeping two lands in safety,
the two holding the same truth
on the same horizon, come what may.
Mererid Hopwood, St. David’s, August 2002 (transl.)
Latest news from BBC Wales:
- Coronavirus: General Electric cuts 369 jobs at Nantgarw
- Man guilty of wife's manslaughter on Christmas Day
- Coronavirus: Pupils in Wales back in school full-time in September
- Rhestr hunanynysu'r DU yn berthnasol i Gymru hefyd
- Coronavirus cases in Wales: How many people have died?
- Ysgolion i ailagor i'r holl ddisgyblion ym mis Medi
- Coronavirus in Wales: 'Balance of risks' in return to school
- Coronavirus: 450 jobs under threat at Newport Celtic Manor company
- Quarantine exemption travel list to apply in Wales
- 450 o staff gwesty'r Celtic Manor i golli eu gwaith