Draig Werdd – the Welsh Society in Ireland is an organisation based in the Republic of Ireland whose mission is to raise awareness of Wales and Welsh affairs across Ireland, and to provide a social network for Welsh people living in Ireland.
The organisation consists of individuals from differing national and cultural backgrounds who share the same concerns regarding the promotion of Welsh interests in Ireland, in response to the new era that exists in Welsh political, economic and cultural life following the establishment of the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff.
The gentle hand of understanding
across the water –
the story of our mission;
two hands over two sands
sharing a common kinship.
Two hands clutching quietly,
and two hands
keeping two lands in safety,
the two holding the same truth
on the same horizon, come what may.
Mererid Hopwood, St. David’s, August 2002 (transl.)
Latest news from BBC Wales:
- Coronavirus: Newport man 'won't be given ventilator'
- Coronavirus: Cardiff Airport 'needs more money from UK government'
- Mark Drakeford: Cymru ar y trywydd i drechu coronafeirws
- Quiz: How much do you know about Wales 1991 1-0 win over Germany
- Cory Hill: Dragons ask for probe into move to Cardiff Blues
- Coronavirus: Whistleblower's claims over patient safety denied
- Coronavirus: How do I get a food parcel?
- Bwrdd iechyd yn gwadu honiadau uwch nyrs ddienw
- Coronavirus: Hospice donation centre ransacked by thieves
- Coronavirus: Swansea mum's doodles of life in lockdown