Draig Werdd – the Welsh Society in Ireland is an organisation based in the Republic of Ireland whose mission is to raise awareness of Wales and Welsh affairs across Ireland, and to provide a social network for Welsh people living in Ireland.
The organisation consists of individuals from differing national and cultural backgrounds who share the same concerns regarding the promotion of Welsh interests in Ireland, in response to the new era that exists in Welsh political, economic and cultural life following the establishment of the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff.
The gentle hand of understanding
across the water –
the story of our mission;
two hands over two sands
sharing a common kinship.
Two hands clutching quietly,
and two hands
keeping two lands in safety,
the two holding the same truth
on the same horizon, come what may.
Mererid Hopwood, St. David’s, August 2002 (transl.)
Latest news from BBC Wales:
- Coronavirus: The billions being spent on coronavirus in Wales
- £2.4 bn i gael ei wario ar gyfer argyfwng Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Contact tracing in Wales to be phased in from 1 June
- Cyhoeddi enillydd gwobr Prif Ddramodydd Eisteddfod T
- Coronavirus: Welsh Government not considering local lockdown measures
- Coronavirus: Tributes as healthcare workers die with Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Porth newsletter brings community together in lockdown
- Coronavirus cases in Wales: How many people have died?
- Olrhain cysylltiadau Covid-19 o 1 Mehefin
- Dragons Rugby: Dean Ryan wants more Wales players