Draig Werdd – the Welsh Society in Ireland is an organisation based in the Republic of Ireland whose mission is to raise awareness of Wales and Welsh affairs across Ireland, and to provide a social network for Welsh people living in Ireland.
The organisation consists of individuals from differing national and cultural backgrounds who share the same concerns regarding the promotion of Welsh interests in Ireland, in response to the new era that exists in Welsh political, economic and cultural life following the establishment of the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff.
The gentle hand of understanding
across the water –
the story of our mission;
two hands over two sands
sharing a common kinship.
Two hands clutching quietly,
and two hands
keeping two lands in safety,
the two holding the same truth
on the same horizon, come what may.
Mererid Hopwood, St. David’s, August 2002 (transl.)
Latest news from BBC Wales:
- Storm Dennis: Prince Charles to meet flood victims
- Six Nations 2020: France accuse Wales of 'lack of respect' over scrum comments
- Beavers: Friends or foes of Wales' countryside?
- Enwi bachgen 21 mis oed fu farw mewn gwrthdrawiad
- 'Gormod o bwyslais' ar ddinasoedd dros drefi
- Disgyblion cyfrwng Cymraeg dan 'anfantais ddybryd'
- Six Nations: Wales' Justin Tipuric expecting tough French test
- Wales beaver reintroduction 'could cut flash-flooding'
- City high street investment 'won't trickle out' to towns
- Wayne Pivac: Coach counts on Wales' cap-record experience against France