Contact us

To contact us, send an email to info@welshsociety.ie and we will get back to you with a reply as soon as possible.  Alternatively, leave a comment in the reply box below.

22 comments on “Contact us
  1. Deirdre Massey says:

I would like to learn to speak Welsh im in Dublin Ireland and was wondering would there be any colleges that did a Welsh language course

• admin says:

Hello Deirdre – Your inquiry has been forwarded to Richard Morgan who runs the Draig Werdd Welsh lessons and he will get back to you as soon as possible.

2. Regina Lavelle says:

Hi there,
    I’m writing a feature on Britons living in Ireland who have recently received passports ahead of Brexit and I was wondering if any of the Welsh in Ireland fits this bill?

It’s for the Irish Independent. My email is below. Any help gratefully received!
    Regina

3. Liam Kenny says:

Dear Dublin Welsh Society

Dydd Gwel Dewi Hapus, 1st March 2019?

You may think that St David’s Day goes unnoticed but not so in Naas, CO Kildare, where on the Saturday nearest St David’s Day, members of the Naas Local History Group display a giant Welsh flag outside the Town Hall.

This practice has been under way since the early 1990s when the Naas Local History Group pioneered a town twinning between Naas and that spiritual home of Welsh people, St David’s Cathedral City in Pembrokeshire.
    An initial exploratory visit by members of the Naas Local History Group in 1990 led to official visits by the town councils in each direction and a formal twinning charter was signed witnessed by members of the respective national embassies.
    A plaque of welsh slate on the Town Hall gives permanent indication of the twinning.
    As is so often the case the initial enthusiasm for the twinning faded with the passage of time but the torch is still carried by the rugby clubs on either side who exchange junior themes and indeed as i write the Naas RFC junior sides are being hosted in St David’s this weekend.
    Sometimes a Councillor from the Naas Municipal District of Kildare County Councils travels to the St David’s City Council dinner.
    The whole thing is predicated on the work of the Naas Local History Group which pointed out that Naas, unusually for an Irish town, is under the patronage of a Welsh saint. We have a very old St David’s Church of Ireland and a 19th century Catholic Church of Our Lady and St David. It is not widely known too that St David is officially recognised in the Irish Catholic Liturgical Calendar for today.

In any any event if your society is interested in making a trip to Naas some time later in the spring do feel free to contact me. I will leave my email address in the appropriate space in the contact form.
    Renewed good wishes on St David’s Day.

• admin says:

Hello Liam. Thanks for the very interesting email and the good wishes for St. David’s Day and we return the greetings as a society. Some of us are aware of Naas’s links with St. David and it’s good to have recognition in Ireland of our patron saint in Wales. Thanks also for the invitation to visit which will be passed on to our committee. Hwyl fawr.

4. Etchen Dixon says:

Hi , my Daughter is getting married on 1st September and the groom is from Wales.I would dearly love to be able to welcome his family & guests in Welsh.I have tried google translate etc. but seem to get different words each time.
    What I want to say is; “Ladies and Gentlemen you are all very welcome here today to celebrate the wedding of Raina & Joe.”

I would really appreciate any help you can give.